This is the fourth bugfix release from the 4.4 branch of LibreOffice which contains new features and program enhancements. As such, the version is stable and is suitable for all users. This version may contain a few annoying bugs which will be fixed in the next bugfix versions to come.
Notes for Mac OS X:
- please start LibreOffice at least once before installing a languagepack (tdf#89704)
- languagepacks are unsigned and require to use "Open" from the contextmenu while pressing the "Option" key (tdf#89561)
- to make use of dictionaries shipped with a languagepack, please see tdf#90298
General notes on features and enhancements are contained in the 4.4.x line of releases. For a detailed list, please check our complete release notes here.
- 1 Writer
- 2 Calc
- 3 Impress and Draw
- Text of Master View Object Previews
- Select and toggle off master elements directly via Delete
- OpenGL transitions
- Page Title field
- Inherit current style of cells when inserting New row/column in table
- Password for editing
- Printing: use specified paper size
- Zoom Mode button
- Toolbar improvements
- Menubar improvements
- 4 Base
- 5 Chart
- 6 Math
- 7 Core
- 8 LibreOfficeKit
- 9 Options / General
- 10 Help content
- 11 Code quality
- 12 Filters
- Media file formats
- New import filters
- Connection to SharePoint and OneDrive
- Improved OOXML support
- Improved Visio support
- Improved Table of Contents in HTML export
- Document thumbnails
- Improved MS Publisher support
- Improved Abiword support
- Improved MS Works Spreadsheet support
- Improved FictionBook support
- 13 GUI
- Dialogs conversion to WidgetLayout finished
- Sifr as the default icon theme on OS X
- Changes to rulers
- Start Center
- New default templates
- New color selector
- Reworked paragraph line spacing dropdown
- Bullet and Numbering dropdown
- Sidebar changes
- Context menu changes
- Edit / Read-only mode
- Tab changes
- Firefox Themes
- Image scaling
- Simplification of Special Character dialog
- Icon improvements
- Locale in About dialog
- UI text improvements
- Scripting / Basic
- Feature removal / deprecation
- ODF changes
- API changes
- Platform compatibility
This is the eighths and final release from the 4.3 branch of LibreOffice which contains new features and program enhancements. As such, the version is stable and is suitable for all users. This version may contain a few annoying bugs.
LibreOffice 4.3.7 contains the fix for CVE-2015-1774
General notes on features and enhancements are contained in this release. For a detailed list, please check our complete release notes here.
The following notes apply:
- This release is bit-identical to 4.3.7 Release Candidate 2 — you don't need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- This version still contains a few annoying bugs, as listed here.
- Impress remote is no longer enabled by default. Go to Tools ▸ Options ▸ LibreOffice Impress ▸ General and check [x] Enable remote control to enable it.
- default sorting behavior/updating references has been changed back to old behavior, see bug#81309 and bug#85490 for details
General notes/notes from the 4.3 line:
- Mac version doesn't bundle the MediaWiki extension.
- The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer.
- Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
- Our Windows binaries are digitally signed by The Document Foundation.
- For Windows users that have Apache OpenOffice installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand. The two programs register the same file type associations and will conflict when the Quickstart feature is installed and enabled.
- If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice; we advise to use OpenJDK instead.
- Some menu entries have changed or been added. If something appears to be missing, that may be due to the use of customized menu settings from your previous LibreOffice installation.