Welcome! LibreOffice is developed by a friendly community, made up of hundreds of contributors around the world. It's free and open source software, so anyone can study how it works and add improvements. Join us today and help us to make it even better! Check out the quick tasks below - or scroll further for more ways to help.
Before starting to contribute, it is recommended to schedule an orienting interview with TDF mentor Ilmari Lauhakangas. When requesting the interview, please mention the area you would like to contribute to.
Explore further - click a topic that interests you:
Coding – New features – Bugfixes
- Click here to get the code, talk to developers, and start working on Easy Hacks
Guidebooks – Online help – FAQs
- See our documentation page on how you can get involved in our documentation work (eg online help, or Calc handbooks)
Services – Tools – Hardware
LibreOffice's infrastructure - such as the website - is used by millions of people every year. Join our community and get experience with large-scale infra!
- See our infrastructure page for the tools we use and how to get involved
User interface – User experience - Branding
- Contribute to LibreOffice design with your artwork and user experience expertise
100+ languages – And more to come
- Click here to learn about our tools and native language communities
Bugfixing – Triaging – Bibisecting
Spreading the word – Attending events – Creating materials
- Join our mailing list (send a blank message and follow the instructions)
- Introduce yourself (where you're based and how you'd like to help)
- A member of the team will give you some ideas for things to work on