It’s great to hear that this upcoming change is feasible.

Thank you for looking at this.

Patrick

On Feb 28, 2024, at 9:32 AM, Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Patrick, *,

On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 4:01 PM Patrick Luby <guibomacdev@gmail.com> wrote:
[…]
 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/163158

With the above patch, the macOS installation set will look like the following:

- The main installer will include UI localizations for all languages but no local help
- The language packs will be replaced with help packs

So, the reason I am writing is I assume that the download page will need to be modified.
Questions:

1. Is it feasible to copy the Windows download page layout for only 24.8 and later?

That will be handled "automagically" by the website if the naming
scheme will be consistent with Windows, it will recognize it as main
installer + helppack and add corresponding download buttons for the
help instead of the langaugepack for 24.8 and will use the langpack
buttons for the older releases.

2. Is there any way that I can help implement any necessary modifications?

The only thing necessary is that the filenames of the generated
packages then are
LibreOffice[Dev]_<version>_MacOS_<arch>_helppack_<languagecode>.dmg instead of
LibreOffice[Dev]_<version>_MacOS_<arch>_langpack_<languagecode>.dmg

ciao
Christian